Tiny Homes, Big Impact:
Why Ontario Homebuyers Should Consider Living Tiny
While conventional homes have been the go-to option for the majority of Ontario homebuyers, the rising trend of tiny spaces is compelling many to reevaluate their priorities. The allure of compact living offers an array of merits to consider, making them a viable and sustainable alternative.
In this blog post, we’ll explore why you may want to consider living in a tiny home versus a regular home.
- Cost Savings: In a real estate market where home prices have become increasingly out of reach, tiny homes provide an attractive option for first-time buyers and those looking to downsize. Tiny homes generally fall under a 400 square foot size. A reduced square footage equates to a lower initial cost, lower property taxes, and decreased utility expenses.
- Environmental Benefits: Tiny homes are inherently eco-friendly. Their smaller size means less energy is required for heating and cooling, reducing your carbon footprint. At Wildscape Co., we specialize in building with sustainable materials, energy-efficient appliances, and renewable energy sources, further decreasing your environmental impact. By choosing a tiny home, you are contributing to a more sustainable planet.
- Simplified Lifestyle: Less is more. A tiny home encourages a simpler way of life. With less space to fill with material possessions, you’ll naturally learn to live with less, declutter, and focus on what truly matters to you. This big lifestyle shift can lead to reduced stress and enhanced overall well-being.
- Location Flexibility: Tiny homes are often mobile or easily transportable. This means you can choose to place your tiny home in a location that suits your preferences and needs, whether that’s in the heart of a city, or nestled in the countryside. In Ontario, tiny homes must comply with the Ontario Building Code, local by-laws and municipal zoning. Be sure to check with your municipality to find out what permits are needed and any specific requirements. Take a look at our post on different types of certifications here.
- Lower Maintenance: The reduced size of a tiny home equates to less maintenance. Fewer square feet mean fewer chores, less cleaning, and fewer repair costs. You’ll have more time and money to invest in experiences and hobbies that bring you joy or to save for an earlier retirement.
- Customization: Tiny homes can be highly customizable to meet your specific needs and tastes. From creative storage solutions to innovative space-saving designs, you can personalize your tiny home to reflect your personality and lifestyle. While Wildscape Co. offers its own design we also offer custom design build options. Take a look at our services here.
Whether you’re drawn to the idea of a reduced environmental impact, more financial freedom, or a unique living experience, tiny homes offer an exciting and promising alternative to traditional housing in the beautiful province of Ontario.
Get in touch with us to learn how we can help you make your tiny home dreams a reality.
The reality of building in Ontario can be challenging and confusing. The Ontario Home and Community website recommends:
To help you through the sometimes-complex approval and building process, we recommend you hire at least one of the following:
-Building Code designer registered with the Ontario government
”Wildscape Co. has on staff registered building code designers and project managers who can complete your design and manage the professional services, such as planners or engineers, required to make your vision a reality.
We specialize in working with the municipality to minimize the cost of your home build. Hiring Wildscape Co. saves you time and money.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 647 531 1240
LOOKING FOR FINANCING?
Wildscape Co. works with a mortgage broker that specializes in “Tiny Home” financing. Drop us a line, we would be happy to introduce you.